01.08.18 - Happy New Year! Way to survive the party to ring it in. We're still having a lot of fun with plots and character requests so be sure to check those out.
ADMIN LUNA
Characters

Nicolas Fuentes
Caleb Park

ADMIN PLUTO
Characters

Ashton Young
Ben Sheridan
Christian Nopal
Edmund Davies

♥ ♥ ♥
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Save Me Today, Pluto/Wyatt
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 02:15 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE
© Moony // CURRENTLY Offline

irresistible

Vacation. You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who didn’t enjoy the idea of going on vacation. Amelia was not just anyone. She had things to do and far more pressing matters than worrying about stupid vacation. However, Emmett had not seen those pressing matters in the same light she did. It was only after she had broken two coffee mugs by throwing them at the wall in her kitchen out of stress and frustration that Emmett sat her down and said she was taking a vacation.

He had already made all the bookings. She would be spending time in Maui at one of the best resorts. He told her to consider it a belated 30th birthday present. The stupid man had even taken her laptop so she wouldn’t be working while on vacation. Amelia had protested vehemently. There were too many things that had to be done to work on opening their markets in Latin America. Not to mention this stupid impending visa thing that was weighing on her mind.

She did not want a vacation. She wanted to work. Regardless of this fact, Amelia boarded a flight (without her laptop) to Maui. It was two days in and she was...reluctantly enjoying the sun and sand. San Francisco’s cloudy skies felt like home after growing up in England, but that didn’t mean that the English woman didn’t relish the feel of the warm sun on her skin. That very feeling is what precisely brought her to the beach today.

The crowds of tourists weren’t her favorite thing in the world, but she loved the ocean regardless. After about an hour of lounging on her towel and working on her tan...Amelia was bored out of her skull. She didn’t really know what to do with all this free time. She hated it. So, she thought maybe a swim would get it off her mind. The blonde pulled her hair back into a ponytail before she slowly made her way into the waves.

Despite herself, Amelia found a small smile making it’s way across her lips as the waves lapped over her shins as she waded deeper. The water actually felt fairly pleasant as she finally reached enough that it was up to her chest. Now Amelia was a decent swimmer, but she knew enough to know she probably shouldn’t be going any deeper. A wave rocked her back slightly and she thought she should get a little shallower in the water.

She took a step back just as pain went shooting up her leg originating in her foot. “Bloody hell.” She cursed as she went to lift her foot up to assess the damage. Problem was...her foot was not coming up. Shit. She tugged again and was only rewarded with the feel of coral scraping up against her ankle. It chafed at her skin.

Amelia took a breath before she submerged herself to try and remove her foot. She gave it a solid tug with both hands and nothing came. Well, okay, this sucked. A breath escaped her as she came above the water to catch her breath. Amelia tried to fight the panic that was threatening to bloom in her chest. Just as she tried to gather her thoughts another wave came by and washed over her.

Fuck. She went down and grabbed at her foot again. There was no give and Amelia had to emerge wondering what the hell she was going to do.

One thing was for sure: if she survived this she was going to kill] Emmett.
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 02:42 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD
© pluto // CURRENTLY Offline

it was another gorgeous day in paradise and wyatt was stuck working as a lifeguard at a resort. sure, at least he had a job and wasn't in fast food or something like that but still, it was a pretty big demotion to go from the high skyscraper buildings in new york to a beach, even if the view was pretty nice. there were too many other things weighing on his mind but wyatt had to pay attention. he was the guy in charge of making the resort look good and saving lives of people who were foolish enough to try and play in the ocean. even though he grew up near an ocean it was fascinating to see how stupid some people could be. tourists often treated the ocean like it was similar to being in a bathtub. the water was contained and nothing bad could happen because they were in control. that wasn't the case with the ocean. there was more to worry about with plant and wild life that proved dangerous at times. he had been ecstatic when he spotted his first shark that he almost forgot to call people out of the water.

as he sat up on his high tower seat he scanned the beach and saw most of the families getting out their blankets and umbrellas to try and prepare for some comfort. there were quite a few people just barely getting into the water, letting the waves hit them only up to the back of their knees. plenty of people were taking photos too because who didn't want to brag on social media about where they were? as he thought about how he needed to check in on his sister he realized there was some splashing going on a bit further out. there was a blonde by herself so she wasn't exactly splashing anyone but then he watched as she went under. wyatt grabbed his red floaty and threw the strap over his shoulder as he jumped down and began running down the beach. he dove headfirst into the water and started swimming out to where the woman had gone under.

it didn't take him too long to reach her, considering he'd grown use to the currents and how to navigate them because he'd swam so many times at this same beach. he saw that her foot was stuck in the coral and quickly got to work to remove it. he let his floaty go, knowing it wouldn't help him with getting under the water. she had been holding her breath for a while now and the last thing he wanted to was to have her drown because she was stuck. he tried to be gentle and he held her foot and ankle, wiggling it a bit to help get it loose. it finally came out and he grabbed her waist to heave her up to the surface. he knew better than to put his feet down and try to push off the ocean floor because coral was right there. once he broke through to the surface he took a deep breath after her he managed to grab the floaty. he offered it to her, grabbing her arms and making sure that she at least held onto it. "you all right?" he questioned as he looked down at her foot. even through the water he could see that it was red and inflamed, which made sense due to the irritation. "let's get you back to shore and i'll get your foot all cleaned up." he said as he grabbed the strap of his floaty and began to swim back to shore. it was much faster because they could ride the waves in and stay afloat with ease. "you're not going to want to walk on that just yet." he said as they go closer to the beach, "now you can either sit on the sand and wait for me to come back with the first aid kit or i'll carry you over to the medic station. it's your choice for what you're comfortable with."
amelia
PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 07:16 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

She was a fairly rational minded human being, however, as another wave crashed over her the panic set in. She was stuck and God only knows if anyone on that stupid beach actually realized she was in any kind of danger. Amelia was focused on not swallowing the salt water that was coming over her. She didn't even know if she should try to call out and if she would be able to call out.

All these thoughts were cut short when a dark shape headed towards her. The panic was threatening to engulf her now. She couldn't breathe. The panic gripping her body ebbed some as she realized that the darker shape coming towards her was a lifeguard with gaudy red shorts and the lifeguard rescue tube. There was no way to be gentle when removing her foot, Amelia knew that, and honestly, she was so relieved to feel the pressure of the coral off her foot that she didn't care about the shot of pain as it moved.

All she could focus on was grabbing the tube that was offered to her. He was talking to her, but Amelia was catching her breath. She was trying to get the adrenaline to leave her when all she could hear and feel was her heart throbbing her ears. She didn't know what he said and she figured he'd forgive her if she was a little too out of it to respond to him right now. They were back to shore before she really realized it. This time when he began to talk to her Amelia actually understood what he said. Her blue eyes flicked over his wet form and then down to her ankle which was, indeed, a lovely scathing red color. It stung like hell from sand getting in the scrapes and it throbbed. Great.

She nodded when he told her she shouldn't get on it. Then he was mentioning carrying her and very suddenly Amelia realized that some beach goers were watching them. Her cheeks flamed red. They had probably seen her getting rescued by a lifeguard like she was an inept swimmer or a stupid teenager who didn't know her own limits. She weighed the pros and cons of getting carried to the medic tent. On one hand...she did not want to at all be carried by a random man like some princess who had fainted at the sight of blood. On the other hand, she didn't want people staring and the medic tent offered some relief from that.

In the end, the absolute mortification at the idea of having to be carried over won out. "I think I've already embarrassed myself enough by this..." She gestured down to the throbbing ankle and grimaced at the entire situation. She brought her eyes back up to the lifeguard in front of her. "It'd be worse if I had to be carried...can you bring it here?"

Some vacation this was turning out to be.
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 08:26 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

the poor girl was just in shock as far as wyatt could tell. she wasn’t saying much, which was understandable considering she just had a near drowning experience. that wasn’t exactly something to write home about because vacations were supposed to be every bit magical, not horrifying. he couldn’t help but smirk a bit when her cheeks flushed red. of course people were paying attention to them, this was something exciting happening that didn’t directly involve them. that was always easier for other people, to be on the outside looking in on what happened. in his experience he had all ready rescued plenty of people from embarrassing situations so this was nothing new. besides, didn’t everyone try and figure out the backstory for the lifeguard?

”trust me, this is nothing.” he said with a smile, ”try being the guy who only had one beer and passed out face down right on the sand.” wyatt nodded before standing up to go and grab the first aid kit. thankfully this wasn’t a life or death situation but it probably was a pain in the ass to deal with. the cut was probably more inflamed due to the salt water and sand more than anything but cleaning it wasn’t going to feel pleasant either. with the first aid kit in hand he returned back to the girl and opened it up. ”so the guy had only one beer and that was enough to just knock him out cold on his feet. pretty pathetic if you ask me but some people are just light weights.” he explained as he opened up the package of cleaning wipes, ”so he passes out face down in the sand only to be woken up by the tide coming in like twenty minutes later. for some reason he thinks that he’s drowning and starts screaming like a dying animal while flailing his limbs but he doesn’t actually get up.”

wyatt had found it was a bit easier to deal with pain when there was a distraction. so with his story telling he figured it would help ease the pain a bit for the stranger. he had all ready started to gently wipe at the cuts on her foot and ankle, trying to get every bit of sand and saltwater clear from the injury. ”mind you all of his friends are all ready sat back twenty feet away laughing hysterically at him while drinking around a bonfire they’ve made in one of the pits.” wyatt continued, ”so who has to save the guy? me of course because i’m the lifeguard and he’s shouting that he is drowning. it won’t exactly make me look good if i’m not doing my job so i go over and literally have to roll him onto his back. he just stares up at me in disbelief before asking if i need to give him mouth to mouth. i tell him he doesn’t need it and his friends start cheering that he does need mouth to mouth so we should kiss. the poor guy immediately got up and ran back to his room at the resort. so this is nothing to be embarrassed about." the wound was looking better and he put away the cleaning wipes before he began bandaging it up. "now you're definitely going to want to take it easy. i don't know if you want to hop around or if you'd prefer crutches since you don't want to be carried." he said as he looked up at her.
amelia

PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 09:17 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

The boy--the man, she corrected herself, it was most definitely a full grown man who rescued her was calm. In fact, he was grinning at her. She supposed it was reassuring to know that the lifeguards were used to this sort of thing and were not rattled by the fact that they had to go out into the ocean to save one of the patrons. On the other hand, it only increased her level of mortification. She still felt like she was having a heart attack and here was this lifeguard the picture of calm and professionalism.

It didn't help that this man looked like he stepped off a bleeding red cross catalogue for lifeguards. His skin had a sun-kissed sort of glow to it and that didn't even put into play the rippling muscles of his arms and torso. This was great. She had to be rescued by a lifeguard and on top of it all the lifeguard had to be a very attractive looking man. Amelia knew that she was not unpleasant looking by any measure of the word, but she was not at her best soaking wet and bottom half covered in sand. At least her bikini had stayed on through the whole ordeal.

She had to offer the man a smile when he began to talk about a man who passed out after one beer. As a full-blooded Englishwoman the idea of a bloke passing out after one beer was just plain embarrassing. He was back within moments and continued the conversation as if he had never stepped away. Amelia did laugh quietly at the picture of a man flailing in the water after passing out. The laugh died in favor of a small hiss as the alcohol swabs touched the open wounds. "I've found that drunk men can't often think with the right head." She replied, allowing herself to be distracted by his story. It was better than watching his large hands handle her disgusting looking foot.

"At least he got to run away." She smiled some and again nodded at her foot. "As you've pointed out I will not be making any quick exits from this embarrassing situation." At the mention of how exactly she was going to get back to the resort a frown pulled at the corners of her mouth. Now that was indeed a conundrum. She didn't fancy the idea of hopping all the way back to the hotel with her bag. "I suppose it'll have to be crutches but...can I lean on you to at least get there? I need to get my bag."

She didn't exactly fancy the idea of having to get up close and personal with a stranger, but...if she did, at least he was fairly attractive. She let a sigh slip past her now chapped lips as she ran her fingers over the bandages lightly. "This is freaking fantastic." She groused, the meaning behind that word completely obviously. "Honestly, I was having a hard enough time just sitting and relaxing and now I can't even walk. So much for hiking here."
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 03:28 AM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

the story had done its job of distracting her, at least for long enough that she didn’t scream or cry in pain. if a hiss was all he got wyatt was more than pleased with that. kids were usually a bit easier because a distracting story wasn’t as obvious to them. for an adult they knew what was coming next and it wasn’t all that pleasant. ”yeah, most drunk people can’t think at all.” he chuckled, ”he may have run away but i’m pretty sure none of his friends let him live down the story of being passed out on the beach and thinking that he was drunk. from what i can tell you get away without anyone knowing what happened but even then getting caught in the coral is a normal ordeal.” people thought they knew what to expect in the ocean and they didn’t. that was the interesting thing about the ocean. it was always changing and there were still plenty of unknown aspects about it that had yet to be discovered. that would explain why so many people were obsessed with it.

”yeah of course you can lean on me. i’ll probably be far more sturdy on the sand than some crutches.” he offered. no one had come running to her aid or to check and see if she was all right, which made wyatt wonder if she was all alone here. that seemed a bit odd considering most everyone came to hawaii with someone. sure, he had come alone but he had a good excuse. plus he wasn’t exactly on vacation. ”just more lean on me because i imagine you trying to hop along with me will be even more of a struggle.” he suggested as he stood up. he had the first aid kit in one hand and offered the girl his other free hand to pull her up. that way she could at least get some semblance of balance before they started back to the resort. ”look, you’re not down and out for the count. you could definitely go hiking tomorrow or something but you do need to give your foot a few hours. make sure it isn’t anything more than some cuts and scratches.” wyatt said as he wrapped his free arm around her waist to help her balance while standing. ”where exactly is your purse?” he questioned, unsure of where to even begin walking.
amelia

PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 05:28 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

At least this man was being kind, she thought. Granted, that was his job. He would not be a very good lifeguard if he was brutish with the people that he had just saved. There was a certain amount of bedside manner needed for this type of job. Still, though, it made the situation a little easier to deal with. Her pounding heart had finally slowed to a normal rhythm and well her cheeks felt normal. She certainly hoped that the blush had gone away. She was Amelia Clarke. She did not blush like some stupid school girl.

"That's true. I will get away without anyone knowing I had to be rescued." She said, pushing her tangled ponytail over her shoulder. "The one benefit of vacationing alone." She added without a second thought before realizing maybe she shouldn't be telling people that she was here alone? Not that she actually thought this lifeguard was going to kidnap her or something, but you know basic stranger danger rules applied. "So I say this because of the embarrassment and not...please don't follow me back to my hotel and kill me yeah?" She said with a little bit of an embarrassed sort of smile. Honestly, she didn't think he would ever do it...but she was kind of making a fool of herself in front of this guy. This wasn't great.

Amelia was grateful for the distraction of him agreeing to let her use him as a crutch. At least that was a compromise from being carried over. She was sure that maybe this lifeguard had some hero complex that made him want to carry random women...but she was glad she was spared from it for now. "Thank you." She replied letting out a breath. She watched his shirtless form as he stood and gathering the remnants of the first-aid kit and offered her his hand. She took his hand and was pulled swiftly to her feet. She swayed slightly and she grabbed his arm to steady herself. "I'm glad to know that I'll be able to still do all the activities this place offers." she wasn't really. She knew she would go hiking because she had, once upon a time, genuinely enjoyed hiking and outdoors activities, but...she was really struggling with being here when there was work to be done. At least an injury would've been a decent reason to end the vacation early.

When he asked about her purse, Amelia pointed over to where her plain black beach bag was. It only really held her cover-up, her towel, a book, and her room key. She hadn't thought it wise to bring her cell phone when she was going to the beach by herself. "Thanks for this honestly. I can't imagine being a human crutch is generally part of your job description."
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 07:06 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

”mums the word. i won’t tell anyone.” wyatt offered as he pretended to zip his lips. not that her story was much different from most of the people he saved. no one wanted to have their story of needed to be rescued shared. something about the damsel in distress storyline getting old or maybe just not wanting to have to relive it. he couldn’t help but start laughing at her request to not follow her and kill her once back at the resort. that was a new one. no one had ever questioned him helping them out at the resort. he’d taken people directly to their rooms and never seen them again yet here this girl was thinking he was going to kill her. ”well that’s great.” he groaned in a fake annoyed tone, ”there goes my whole plan for the evening. i had everything lined up today to save a blonde and then know which room was hers before killing her tonight for the full moon. now the weird killing cult i’m in will never accept me.”

the last thing he needed was to be fired from his job because someone took his joking too seriously. although to be fair he didn’t exactly think he looked like a killer. the most he was capable of was cutting up his food for dinner, not actually injuring someone. ”i’m not trying to lose my job so you have no worries about me trying to kill you ok? i won’t follow you anywhere. just tell me where you want to be left and i’ll bring myself back to my job here at the beach.” he said. it wasn’t as if he even had time to focus on where the girl was staying or what else she had planned. once she was on her feet he waited for her to stabilize herself. ”yeah, you’ll definitely want to hit up the waterfalls. they’re well worth the hike with the view you get at the end of it.” he suggested before making his way to where she had pointed. it was easy to walk along holding onto her as he went. he’d been stuck with people three times her size before who thought he was magically superman and could carry them with ease. ”trust me, i’d rather be a human crutch than deal with some people. i can’t exactly lift buildings but some people expect me to lift them and carry them around with ease.” he replied, ”also you aren’t blaming me for your experience so that’s always an added bonus.”

there had been plenty of people who tried to blame him for nearly drowning even after he rescued them. of course it had been his fault that they went too far out or they tried to do something stupid. he was supposed to save them from themselves with some strange foresight apparently. ”this bag right here?” he questioned as he stopped and picked up a black beach bag, ”i’ll carry it so you aren’t more off balance and leave you in the lobby if that seems like a safe enough place to you.”
amelia

PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 09:46 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

Wyatt couldn't know just how right he was when he thought about how Amelia was avoiding looking like a damsel in distress. Amelia had been self-sufficient since she could walk. She had done things her own way, yes, but she always did them on her own. A woman of thirty did not build a multimillion dollar company by relying on the fact that she was a woman and attractive. She didn't need to be rescued by anyone, except for in this one case that she did actually need to be rescued by the lifeguard. She did allow a small laugh at him zipping his lips. "Thank you. Means a lot coming from the lifeguard who had to do the rescuing." She teased albeit it a little sarcastically.

This time, she couldn't stop the genuine laugh that emerged at his response to her's. He had a good sense of humor to boot. That was a plus. "I'm so sorry to have ruined your plans. I'm sure the weird killing cult will just have to accept your excuse and find some other way to accept you." Amelia may have been someone who didn't necessarily trust easily, but she was sure enough that the man in front of her wasn't actually a serial killer. He was too handsome for that. She was sure he had no issues finding random blondes if that were, indeed, his taste.

"Fair enough." She responded when he said he didn't want to lose his job by killing her. Granted, she thought, he'd lose much much more if he killed her. "I am sure that they need you too much here to let you go off galavanting anyway with some random beach goer." Amelia listened as he talked about the waterfalls. She had heard that the scenery here was gorgeous. Reluctantly, Amelia was looking forward to the idea. She missed green. She missed true vibrant green that San Francisco lacked. That she found a lot of America lacked. It had been years since she really got to enjoy the outdoors. Maybe. Just maybe she'd actually find a way to enjoy this vacation with that kind of hike. "I have heard that they are astounding sights." She admitted.

Amelia leaned against the more muscular man as he started in the direction of her beach bag. He was a good deal taller than she was and it was impossible to not notice when they stood side-by-side like this. It was a good thing that he was the one leading the way and helping her along because she was quite sure that she couldn't match his gait if they were walking normal. "That's the one." She said as he leaned down to grab the bag. She was going to protest that she was perfectly able to carry a beach bag, but quickly decided that it really wasn't worth making a fuss about. Instead, she smiled. "A lifeguard and a gentleman." She teased, gripping his arm once more as they started off towards the lobby. "What a rarity. And yeah that's fine. Crowds of people, can't exactly kill me for thwarting your plans there."

All right, so the super sucky situation hadn't turned out too bad.
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 10:06 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

well she had taken his response well, meaning that she wasn’t too serious about things. that was a relief because the last thing he needed was a complaint about himself brought up to management. he’d been doing well enough to keep his head down and stick to doing his job. ”pretty sure if i don’t do it tonight they’ll kill me. so i guess that’s the end of that dream to join a weird killing cult.” he offered with a shrug, ”it was nice knowing you while i was alive though even if it was just to save your life. maybe that’ll look good when i’m dead.” wyatt grinned at his own wit knowing that it was stupid but it was fun at least. ”yeah, i’m doing good if they let me off my shift on time and even that takes a miracle somedays.” he said, ”the only way they’d really spot me running off is because of all the red i’m stuck wearing. but thankfully it makes it easy for them to know when i am actually doing my job.” the lifeguard job wasn’t the worst one that he’d ever had but it did get old after a while. he was used to a bit more excitement that came from trades and deals, not people swimming and being drunk at the beach.

”that’s the one great thing that hawaii always has to offer. there’s so much to see and do most people can’t fit it all in on their vacation. that’s also because only some of it is advertised to the tourists because they don’t want every spot to get ruined by a mass of bodies wanting to take pictures.” he said. that was the truth. the locals were the ones who knew almost everything about the islands, which made the most sense. he worked with a lot of locals because the resorts brought in good business. if anything he was the true outsider but no one seemed to notice or be bothered by it. ”have you been dealing with lifeguards who aren’t gentlemen?” he questioned as he began walking towards the lobby, ”i can’t believe you’d do that to me.” wyatt was teasing of course and his tone was obvious about that. he knew no one really tried to make a habit of nearly drowning just to be saved by a lifeguard but he’d heard stories of some crazy tourists doing that. ”you’ll have plenty of witnesses at least.” he offered as they approached the lobby, ”i can get one of the bellboys to help you up to your room or i can just leave you by your lonesome on the couch. i guess you never know what connections i have here.” wyatt stopped in front of one of the cushioned chairs and turned to let the girl have a seat before offering her the bag.
amelia

PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 01:37 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

Amelia couldn't help smiling at the joking the lifeguard was doing. Maybe it was because the adrenaline was wearing off. Maybe it was because he was rather handsome. Maybe it was this stupid place getting to her, but she still couldn't help it. "You probably have bigger problems than not getting in if they decide to kill you, though, helping save people everyday has got to give you some points for wherever." She waved her hand airily at whatever the hell the after life was or that this man believed the afterlife was and consisted of. No matter what people believe she was fairly certain that good deeds like saving lives made for good points towards your soul.

"I'm sure we could come up with a way to sneak you off if we really wanted to." She said with a small teasing grin. Honestly, this man looked about her age give or take a few years. She doubted that playing hooky was on his agenda. He looked a bit too old to not be taking a job seriously. Granted, she didn't know this man and he was a lifeguard in Hawaii. Maybe he didn't take his life and its commitments very seriously? This was an absolutely foreign concept to Amelia Clarke. She surrounded herself with people who took their work and life seriously. Even Emmett, who Amelia thought was a little too lax sometimes, spent as many late nights at the office working with his team to work out kinks in the software as she did with her own business team preparing for taking them even bigger. "But then who would be here to save the stupid tourists, including the drunk ones?"

He was talking about what Hawaii had to offer and Amelia was torn between rolling her eyes and genuinely taking in what he was saying. All she had heard since Emmett told her she was going on this vacation was all the amazing things that she would get to do. He knew that there were hobbies that Amelia had let fall to the wayside since they had started their business the minute they left university all those years ago. He had watched her throw herself into her work and let other things fall apart. Emmett told her to enjoy the outdoors because it was a shame she was now stuck in a city all the time when he knew how much she liked it. "i don't blame them for hiding things." The blonde confessed with a small smile. "If I had found something beautiful and peaceful...I wouldn't want obnoxious tourists ruining them." How many times had she been trying to run through golden gate park back home only to have tourists block her path with selfie sticks and iPads? "You've got to protect those sorts of spots. Do you know of them? As a local?"

"I'm from San Francisco. I don't actually deal with lifeguards much at all." Amelia told him wondering if he'd be surprised that despite her clearly British sounding accent that she actually lived in the states. Amelia let out a little sigh as her one good foot hit the soft carpet of the lobby of the resort. She did let out a little laugh as he acted play offended at her comment about thwarting his plans. "Hey you had to rescue me, I've got to show you that I can hold my own in some part of my life."

"Thank you." She said again as he handed her her bag. She put her weight against the cushioned chair. She didn't exactly want to sit down on the couch. She was wet and she didn't want to be leaving a giant wet spot for the resort staff to pick up after she got up. It was embarrassing enough to be being escorted in by a resort lifeguard while still in her bathing suit and wet from her little stint in the ocean. "Well...since I've already had to have you rescue me...I suppose there is no harm in asking you to find someone to help me up to my room?" The little smile this time was sheepish. Amelia really really hated to depend on anyone else. She knew that this was part of his job and she shouldn't feel badly...but she did. "Then I promise I"ll let you go back to saving the tourists from their own stupidity."
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 04:01 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

”well if they decide to kill me i’ll just have to change my identify and run away. i’m not going to let them get me. there’s still plenty of things i have left to do.” wyatt said with a shrug. it was amusing that she was still playing along with this idea but he did have things that needed to be done. like fixing everything that had gone wrong even though he hadn’t quite figured out how to do that just yet. it was a bit hard when your name was worse than the shit on someone’s shoes. maybe he’d just have to count his losses and find something else to do that didn’t involve lifeguarding. either way he’d figure things out eventually. ”are you suggesting i strip down and run off naked?” he questioned with a grin, ”the nude beaches are at a different resort. this one tries to remain a bit more family friendly. but yeah, running off isn’t too hard but i get the evenings off so it isn’t all bad.” she was right though, no one would really be around to save the tourists, at least in his section. each lifeguard had their different zone to look out for and they’d rotate every few hours just to switch things up.

”you’re right. some places need to be protected.” he said with a nod, ”sadly i only know some of them. i’m not exactly a local. i’m from new york so things are a bit out of my normal element here. not that i can say i miss the snow a ton.” wyatt wasn’t sure if she was trying to find out if he was a local or if she had just assumed he was. he liked to pretend he could pass as a local but there was no fooling the actual locals who had grown up with each other. ”ah, west coast then. well i’m glad lifeguards aren’t who you usually deal with. that’s a good thing.” he teased, ”i’m sure you can hold your own. i’m not too worried about you.” she hadn’t been freaked out over her near drowning experience and she didn’t come across as someone who struggled with every little thing in her life. but what did wyatt really know? he could only go based off assumptions. ”all right, i’ll get someone for you. enjoy the rest of your stay at the resort and try not to befriend any more lifeguards.” wyatt teased before going to the front desk and explaining to the receptionist that the blonde was in need of some assistance to her room. as he walked out of the lobby he gave a quick wave before making his way back to the beach. he still had a job to do, not that he really cared to hang around the lobby. he stuck out like a sore thumb in his red swim trunks.

the rest of the afternoon at the beach was pretty dull. wyatt had to get on some kids over their pretending to drown antics but other than it was the usual amount of boredom. when he was finally off he went back to his room in the building next to the resort. at least his job offered him a place to stay because housing in hawaii was pretty insane. he took a shower to get all the sand, salt water, and sunscreen off of himself before decided he should go to the resort lounge bar. he just needed a drink and to have a chance to unwind. once dressed in shorts, flip flops, and a shirt he made his way over to the resort. he'd probably run into some of his coworkers, which was fine because they were always entertaining. instead when he walked in he was surprised to see the blonde that he'd saved earlier in the day. "i swear i'm not stalking you." he said to her as he approached the bar and ordered a beer, "at this point i'm worried you might be stalking me."
amelia
PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 05:08 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

"Good luck with that. This island isn't very big. To really get away I think you'd have to flee to some continent." Honestly, Amelia would think that would be the worst part of living on an island. Sure, Hawaii was a chain of islands and Maui was known as the 'big island', but it was still only an island. Hell the entire island of Maui was smaller then London or New York. There was no where to escape if you committed a crime or just...wanted to get away. Not to mention it was saturated with tourists every single day. That had to be the worst kind of place to live. She wasn't sure how the locals did it.

Amelia's blue eyes widened as he asked about stripping naked and she let out a genuine laugh. "No!" She laughed. "I was thinking more like a towel or you know a robe or something...but good to know where your mind is at." She nodded as he talked about the places. Ah, so he wasn't a local. Why was he working here then? Now that had to be some sort of story. At least San Francisco was closer to Hawaii than New York City. Why would you up and move from NYC to here and to be a lifeguard?? Surely the pay wasn't that good...but that wasn't something you asked someone who you just met. So she let the question die on her tongue. "I'd say so...this is a far cry from New York City."

She wasn't going to lie...she did like that he thought she could hold her own. She liked to make sure that people were aware of that. Given the way she met this man...she wasn't sure that he would actually think that. "The faith of a stranger means a lot." She teased with a little smile. She nodded as he said he would go and find her someone to help her. "Thank you, again." Then within a few minutes he was out the door with a wave and she shook her head. Well...that had been an experience.

When the bellhop helped her back to her room, she gave him a forced polite smile and assured him that she got it from here. The first thing Amelia did was limp into the bathroom and draw steaming hot bath. She soaked in the bath until the water turned tepid before she pulled herself out and into one of the resorts comfy robes. She spent a few hours lounging around after checking in with Emmett and work (just in case!). She ordered room-service for dinner and then got plain old stir-crazy. She could not sit around in this hotel room a moment longer. She got up wincing slightly as she put weight on her foot and pulled a red flowy dress made of breathable material over her head. She would get a drink. She deserved a drink, she told herself.

She grabbed one of the crutches they had brought up earlier and put it under her armpit and grimaced. This sucked. Crutches were exactly comfortable and they weren't exactly the greatest accessory. Amelia grabbed her wallet and roomkey before making her way down to the resort bar. She sat herself on one of the bar stools and tried to make a little friendly conversation with the bartender. It wasn't exactly easy, and she was glad when he handed her her drink (a rum and coke) and left to attend to other customers. She had just taken a sip and started to relax in her seat when she heard a familiar voice.

Amelia looked up from her drink to see the attractive lifeguard who had rescued her earlier. At least now she looked like an actual attractive human being now, she thought, even if her hair was only pulled back into a lazy bun. "Well you did save me...maybe I'm a bit obsessed." She winked at him to let him know that she was, indeed, actually joking. "You make it hard though...don't even know your name."
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 05:35 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

”there are other islands you know. plus if i needed i head over to japan or something. we aren’t too far away.” wyatt replied. that was the strange thing to think about maui, it truly was just an island. no bigger than where he’d grown up his entire life but people were always coming and going which made it continually different. he laughed along with her when she said no to him stripping. well she wasn’t bothered by where his mind went but he hadn’t even thought of a towel or robe. that’s what he got for not being a guest at the resort. ”wow. guess we’re on a different page for that one then.” he said, ”but yeah, definitely different from new york city but a good different. sometimes its good to just get away.” that was all he needed to say about that topic. he wasn’t about to just unload on some stranger and tell them everything about himself. that would have been too stupid. ”anytime.” he said, figuring it was best not to state that it was part of his job to help out the customers of the resort. then again it wasn’t as if he would leave someone on their own if they were injured. it didn’t matter if it was his job or not.

she definitely looked different than earlier, not that it was a giant change considering she was no longer in her swimsuit and looking nearly drowned. but she did look nice, not that he couldn’t tell that from before. he’d seen plenty of attractive women since arriving in hawaii but they were all tourists, not sticking around or staying for a while. wyatt was still in his old habit of wanting to date seriously, not be a hookup for someone before they got married. that just wasn’t his style. he took a drink from his beer, unsure of how she would respond to him now that she didn’t need his help. ”just a bit obsessed?” he questioned with a grin before offering his hand to shake, ”well i’m wyatt.” there was another old habit. in business you always introduced yourself with a firm handshake. that never was going away. ”i wasn’t trying to make it hard. you were the difficult one not letting me stalk you.” he added, ”glad to see you’ve made it out of your room. how's your foot holding up? any more pain or is it now just keeping it rested so you can go hiking?"
amelia
PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 06:21 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

"That are even smaller than this one." She pointed out, but he was right. If you really truly needed to make a getaway on Hawaii, you could. It wouldn't necessarily be easy, but it could be done. "I"m sure you'd find some wonderful place to start over." There were certainly no shortages of beaches to go and patrol if he wanted to keep his career as a lifeguard. Honestly, the beaches of Australia had always been her favorite. Those were some of the most gorgeous beaches, she thought. She had enjoyed the holidays she took there as a child immensely.

She wanted to make a somewhat flirty comment about where his head was at, but decided it best to leave it down. There was also a comment regarding where almost all men's head were at that died on her tongue. Instead, she settled on: "It's not my fault your mind immediately went to you being naked." with a teasing smile. It was friendly enough, she figured. But not too friendly. She didn't want him thinking she was throwing herself at the handsome bloke who had saved her like some stupid damsel in distress.

Funnily enough, though, when she ran into him in more normal clothes and a more normal situation...she had no problem letting herself sink into a more than friendly disposition. She offered him a polite smile when he offered her his hand. "Amelia." She told him shaking his hand. He was professional then...maybe a bit formal. That was not a bad thing at all. In her opinion, you could tell an awful lot about a person on how they greeted you on your first meeting. The handshake, at least, got Wyatt a plus in that column from Amelia.

She had to let out a small laugh at the reference to their conversation earlier. Well, at least he was polite enough to remember the conversations he had with random patrons and tourists who he saved. "And yet...here you are anyway." She gestured to his body that was sitting next to him. She let a small teasing grin grace her features. "Obviously, neither of us have been very successful." Her grin turned to a small frown as he mentioned her foot. Yes, that was still a thing wasn't it? Her eyes flicked down to the bandages on her foot that she had replaced herself with the first aid kit she requested just to keep the open wounds from becoming infected.

"Well, it's a bit sore." She admitted as she wiggled her bandaged ankle out for him to see. She had opted for comfortable flip flops for the night so she wasn't squeezing the irritated skin into anything. "But the swelling has gone down and the cuts don't sting nearly as bad." She shrugged and took a sip of her rum and coke through her straw before glancing over at him again and raised an eyebrow at the man curiously.

"So...no offense or anything, but don't you have better things to do than hang out at the place you work while you're off work?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

☣ SKINNED BY WALKERBAIT ☣
TOGGLE CBOX BY KISMET
CFS SCRIPT BY BLACK

TOGGLE