01.08.18 - Happy New Year! Way to survive the party to ring it in. We're still having a lot of fun with plots and character requests so be sure to check those out.
ADMIN LUNA
Characters

Nicolas Fuentes
Caleb Park

ADMIN PLUTO
Characters

Ashton Young
Ben Sheridan
Christian Nopal
Edmund Davies

♥ ♥ ♥
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Save Me Today, Pluto/Wyatt
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 06:51 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD
© pluto // CURRENTLY Offline

”it’s a pleasure to meet you amelia.” wyatt replied as he shook her hand before letting go of it. plenty of people thought that a huge was an appropriate first gesture when meeting someone but that usually didn’t fly in his book. it was a handshake only or just a look depending on the person. a huge was for friends and family, not strangers. that didn’t seem like a way to immediately bond anyways. ”well i mean i do work here. i get plenty of drinks on the house.” he answered with a shrug, ”one of the perks in working for a resort. besides, i’m pretty sure that if i didn’t use them they would get a bit suspicious about me.” it was easy to smile along with her because she was right, even for no stalking on either end they’d managed to run into each other again. there was nothing wrong with that. it gave him someone else to talk to besides his coworkers. at least for a little bit. when she frowned he realized her foot wasn’t much better, at least not in her opinion. he looked down at her bandaged foot before looking back up at her saying, ”well the soreness isn’t terrible. just take a few pain pills for that and you’re golden. at least the swelling is down and the stinging isn’t as bad. that’s a good sign. if it swelled up the size of a pufferfish then we’d have an issue.”

he’d seen people have bad reactions to getting cut on coral. their vacations were cut short after being sent to the hospital and then having to be sent home for better treatment where their insurance was better accepted. or the foreigners just couldn’t handle being treated somewhere that wasn’t familiar. in either variation of the matter it wasn’t very fun. he took another drink of his beer. one thing he’d discovered was that hawaii liked coffee flavor in their beer or pineapple flavor. then again they were able to grow so much of their own produce it made sense to throw it in the beer to make it taste difference. ”none taken.” he said with a shrug, ”i work at the beach all day. that’s a whole different sort of fish tank compared to the resort. coming here to the bar to unwind has sort of become my routine. i hang out with the other staff usually and we compare tales for the day before we go off to the club or something like that. it varies night to night but you know, there’s only so much one can do.”
amelia

PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 09:49 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE
© Moony // CURRENTLY Offline

irresistible

"Free drinks are a good reason to go anywhere." Amelia said with a little smile. Gone were the days when she actually took advantage of free drinks with any passion, but she remembered the sentiment. She was a university student in England. If you weren't pissed by nine on a Thursday night you weren't doing it right and drinking got expensive when you didn't have a job. Luckily for Amelia, she was pretty. She never had to worry about paying for too many of her own drinks.

She laughed softly at the idea that they may be suspicious of him not enjoying his drinks. "Fair enough. It's not very normal for anyone to truly turn down free drinks. Honestly, though..." She continued after taking a sip of her drink and eyed the people around them. "I'd think you would want to get away from the tourists after spending the entire day either rescuing them or just watching them be obnoxious." She certainly would if she were in his shoes.

He was talking about her injury and Amelia half-wanted to make a joke about how he should leave his work at the beach. She opted not to, however, because it was sweet of the guy to check in on it and to try to help her see the positive side of it. He just didn't know that Amelia wasn't great at being super optimistic about anything, especially this particular holiday. "Yeah...I know, I know." She offered him a somewhat sheepish smile as she pushed a stray piece of blonde hair behind her ear. "I"m just kind of awful at sitting still and doing nothing? I had my appendix out a few years back and I nearly ripped my stitches for not being able to stay in bed." Emmett had nearly torn her a new one for that behavior. "I'll be glad when I can really take those hikes and take in the beautiful scenery I was promised."

"At least your coworkers sound fun." She wondered silently if the other employees were his age or younger. She wondered briefly just how old he was. It wasn't that she had an issue with talking with anyone older or younger than her, but she was finding this guy attractive and didn't necessarily want to be attracted to someone ten years younger than her. "Is that the plan for tonight then? Take from free drinks, get a little buzz going, and then go to the club to..." She hesitated and then let out a laugh. "Whatever you do at clubs? God, I haven't been to a club in ages." She finished the last bit of her drink and when the bartender asked her if she wanted another she nodded with pleasant smile. When it arrived she took a side-long look at the lifeguard--Wyatt as he sat next to her. "If you do have plans, please don't let me take you away. I'm sure you deserve a night out."
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 10:33 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

”you forget that most of the tourists who were at the beach all day are now back in their rooms suffering from a sun burn or just exhaustion from being outside all day.” wyatt answered, ”plus there’s also the fact that tourists are more willing to talk or actually do anything that doesn’t involve staying at home and doing nothing. most of the locals are pretty much over what all the island has to offer. the burn out is real.” he was still fairly knew to the island having only been in maui for a month. most of his time was eaten up by his schedule working for the resort but that was a good thing. it kept him distracted for the most part by eating up his time. he took another drink of his beer as she explained having her appendix out. that didn’t exactly sound like fun but when she mentioned nearly ripping her stitches out by not staying still he had to take another drink. talk about being unwilling to sit and relax. wyatt began to wonder who she even managed to send herself on a vacation to hawaii if she couldn’t stay still to relax. ”ouch. way to nearly injure yourself even more just because you couldn’t accept bed rest.” he said, ”i would love to have a legit excuse to stay in bed for even just one day to relax and do nothing.”

amelia sounded very much like him before in his old job. always working and always needing to do something. he still knew when to kick back and have some fun but the lifeguarding job was definitely wooing him some new priorities. ”you’ll be outside in no time to enjoy the hikes. you sound like a debbie downer.” he teased, ”and yeah, my coworkers are pretty fun. what, are yours not fun or are they just too serious?” his new coworkers at the resort were pretty laid back and fun. they would rather save up their money than spend it on stupid things so their idea of fun was easier to achieve. ”i’ve no clue what the plan is tonight. i’ve yet to talk to them.” he answered with a shrug, ”but the club is mostly just dancing while having a little buzz. it sounds dumb because i haven’t been to the club really since college but that’s what there is to do on the island. that or sometimes they just want to go play video games or watch a movie. nothing too big so it’s chill.” saying their usual plans out loud sounded pretty dull and boring, or at least he sounded like a teenager again which was ironic. he probably would’ve been a lifeguard if his parents hadn’t been in the position they had been in when he was born. wyatt finished off his beer and ordered another one as he sat down next to amelia. ”you aren’t taking me away from any plans. i was basically just winging it tonight.” he admitted, ”besides, chatting with you makes my night better. you aren’t half my age, or at least i hope you aren’t. then that would be a bit awkward.”
amelia

PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 02:55 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

Amelia stirred the ice in her second drink as Wyatt talked about the tourists. She did imagine that the people who were outside in the sun all day might be relaxing, but again she knew just as many who spent the day at the beach and still managed to hit the club scene someway or another. "Mhm." She hummed in agreement. She managed another sip of her drink. Yes, she was going to get a comfortable buzz going soon. "I find, however, that a lot of locals take their own environments for granted. They don't do the sights and activities that a tourist might do."

The laugh that Amelia let out in response to Wyatt commenting on her appendix story was dry and somewhat humorless. She was very well aware that she had a little bit of an issue when it came to this. She knew, as much as she absolutely loathed to admit it, that Emmett was right. She did need to learn to relax. "Yeah bed rest and I don't get along very well. Idle hands and all that. It's the only thing my business partner and I fight about." Amelia admitted to the lifeguard beside her. She took another quick swig of her drink and set it down on the coaster on the bar.

When Wyatt remarked that she sounded like a Debbie Downer Amelia had to grin. Little did he know. "That's not the first time I've been called that. I know I will be, even if I'm still enjoying them on my own, which can be a little lonely." She didn't know why she was mentioning this fact to him. She was on her own all the damn time. It wasn't like she really needed to have company. Maybe it was just the alcohol starting to make her admit things that she didn't particularly want to admit. Yes. That is what she was going to blame it on. Alcohol. That was the best excuse for everything.

"Umm..." She had to think on his question regarding her coworkers. She bit at her lower lip as she thought. "I mean...my best friend is married and has a kid so that kind of already makes him a bit less available. Most people I work with are married or even have kids. Then there's the fact that I'm the boss so people don't want to seem fun around me." She had to admit to that fact. It wasn't like anyone wanted to go out drinking with the boss. They were a laid-back sort of community, as with most start-ups, but it didn't stop anyone from crossing lines when it came to Amelia or Emmett. After all, they were the people who hired them.

Video games and movies...how old was this man? Those certainly sounded like activities that teenagers and young adults all engaged in. Granted, Amelia was a little jealous. She used to relish the ability to have movie nights with Emmett and his then fiance. They had the best fun when they were relaxing and just enjoying each other's company. It wasn't like that. Not anymore. "That sounds like a lot of fun." Amelia told him honestly. "Sometimes that's the best way to hang out with friends or coworkers as the case may be." Amelia may or may not have been fighting off the pleased grin on her face when he mentioned that talking to her made his night better. Instead, Amelia focused on him basically asking her age.

"Don't you know you aren't supposed to ask a lady her age?" She teased with a grin. "Or even insinuate it...however, I've been curious about your age as well and if I'm being a cougar or not so I'll let it go." She kept the grin to ensure that he knew that she was joking about that still. She wasn't one of those girls who got so upset about her age. If anything, the fact that she was only 30 and in the place she was in was something to be proud of. "I'll tell you mine if you tell me your's...I just hit the big 3-0 a few months back."
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 10:19 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

”that’s very true. they think that because they’ve seen one thing they’ve seen it all.” wyatt said with a nod. it was a one then done sort of mind set. it didn’t make sense to him considering he never got to do as much exploration around new york but maybe that was why he craved it now that he was in hawaii. ”guess the next time you’re on bed rest you’ll have to warn them you need to be unconscious if it is going to last.” he teased, ”mind if i ask what you do for business?” if she had a business partner that could mean a multitude of things. some people had made a business out of selling things on ebay from their garage but he always though of a business partner as someone who helped you create an actual company that went somewhere onto bigger and better things. ”if you’ve been called a debbie downer before that makes me wonder if you do it on purpose then.” he mused before realizing she mentioned enjoying things on the island alone. that wasn’t a problem really but the comment about being lonely was an interesting one. back on the beach she was worried about him stalking her and now she was sharing that she was lonely. maybe it was the alcohol loosening her up a bit, which he didn’t mind. ”you have an island full of people. surely you can find someone who’d be more than willing to go out and explore with you. i still have more of the island to explore myself. how much time do you have here anyways?” he asked.

at the mention of being the boss and all of her coworkers being married with kids wyatt could instantly relate. or at least he could have related a bit better before. now in hawaii he was dealing with a younger crowd but it all worked out. ”ah, that would do the trick.” he commented, ”that’s how all my old coworkers were. married and with kids so they were a little busy. and being the boss does mean no one wants to be fun around you because then they won’t know where to draw the line at work. it’s their loss though.” that was why it was more exciting to run in a few different social circles, at least so there were different people to interact with who didn’t only know him from work. then again his parents had plenty of circles that he could interact with but they were all gone now. ”i’m sorry.” he offered with a grin, ”my mom said that women never age over 21 but i suppose i should have at least assumed that for you.” the idea of her being a cougar made him laugh before he remembered that he was a lifeguard. usually that was a job for the 18 year olds saving up for college so it made sense. ”of course, i wouldn’t suddenly withhold my age from you.” he offered, ”wow the big 3-0 is quite an accomplishment. i guess i have to be the bearer of bad news and let you know that i’m 31 so i’m ahead of you. there.”
amelia

PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 02:37 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

"That would make my life a lot easier." Amelia said with a little laugh. She would be angry once she found out she had been out for so long and missed all the work that had to be done in that time. She would've torn someone a new one, however, at least she would've actually been rested. Then he was asking about her business and this was something that Amelia was very comfortable with. How many times did she pitch her business to investors or just in an attempt to get it out there? "Have you ever heard of the app Socially? It is a platform that merges all your social media into one. We've recently expanded to the dating app scene." They had more than twenty million downloads at last check. "My business partner is Emmett Harris." A name better known to the world than her own, as someone who worked more on the business aspect (never as interesting as the genius software geek). "He does all the geeky things, and I do everything else."

She really didn't know why she admitted that doing things alone could be lonely. Amelia wasn't that person. She didn't care if she did shit alone. Hell, she'd moved all the way across the ocean after university having only known one person in the entire country. She didn't need to be with anyone at anytime, but...of course, she hadn't been lying. There were times, little moments that snuck into her brain when she least expected it, that it was lonely to be by herself all the time. Maybe, just maybe now she was focusing on it more because of this stupid vacation. God, this was getting to be a downer. Maybe she was a Debbie downer! "I don't think anyone acts like a Debbie Downer on purpose." She tapped her fingers on the condensation that was on her glass. "But maybe. I'll have to work on it."

She had to let out a little laugh when he told her she could surely find someone. "Oh the resort offers groups, of course, but to be honest..." She said with a wry sort of grin flashing over at the man. "The idea of spending hours with honeymooning couples, retirees, and people I'd have to be polite and perky with makes me kind of want to tear my hair out." It was her vacation. She didn't want to have to put on a persona just for the sake of a bit of company. Amelia was good with people. She was charismatic, but in reality she had very little patience when it came to actually interacting with most people. She very much preferred the quality of company over quantity. "And to answer your other question. Two weeks. I am three days in so...still have a bit of time to fill."

"Ah, so not always been a lifeguard?" She asked, seizing the moment he brought up about his old co-workers to ask the question she'd be burning to ask: why is an attractive, seemingly intelligent, polite grown man a lifeguard in Hawaii? Well, that question is not so many words. "Also I don't know if it is their loss, after all I'm a Debbie Downer right?" She teased him this time. The teasing easily evolved into a delicate sort of laugh as Wyatt admitted he shouldn't have asked her for her age. 'I like the way your mother thinks."

"31." She echoed her eyes taking in the man before her in light of this information. Yes, she decided, he could definitely pass as thirty-one. It was his occupation that had really thrown her off as to guessing just how old Wyatt was. She quickly process this information and took another swig of her drink. "An older man then." She grinned. "At least I don't have to worry about being a cougar then. The co-workers you hang out with then, are they your age?"
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 10:11 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

he had to think for a moment, trying to remember what apps he used to have on his phone. since starting over he’d practically disassociated himself with everything related to social media. it was a bit easier to pretend to be dead to the world than participate in seeing the way he was being dragged across all platforms over something he didn’t do. or at least, he’d had no participation in other than his name used against his knowledge. ”oh yeah, i have heard of that one.” he replied, ”dating apps are really big right now. guess you’re making your way up if you’re getting everything in on your one app. people love making their lives easier. as for you doing everything else that sounds pretty intense. not that the geeky aspect isn’t hard but trying to sell it to all the other companies and businesses has to be difficult.” he hadn’t expected amelia to be accomplished. for some reason she hadn’t struck him as the business type but then again no one in hawaii really looked super professional while on vacation. ”i’m only teasing you.” he replied with a grin, ”but it is something to work on. can’t have you thinking that everything will be terrible when things can work out.” that was what he had to do. staying focused on the negative was only going to keep him there. so he instead focused on the fact that he was going to work so he could get the money that was his. on top of that he needed to help his sister with her tuition still. things were a mess. ”ah right, i forgot all about the groups.” he mused, ”the idea of going around with honeymooning couples doesn’t entice you? that’s so strange because those are the only people thy want to target!” wyatt laughed at himself knowing that he would go a bit insane trying to do that as well. everyone wanted to talk about how in love they were and that got old quickly. it was like a competition to show who had done the most to prove their love.

”i get that. i suppose i may be the one to have to fix your problem by going on a hike with you. we’ll kill two birds with one stone.” he offered as he took another drink, ”as long as you can act just polite and perky enough that you don’t want to tear your own hair out i think i could manage.” that sounded doable. especially if she had two weeks to kill in hawaii. that was a lot of time to explore the island. ”for being only three days in i’m curious how you plan to kill two weeks.” wyatt continued, ”i mean, if you aren’t wanting to spend your time with all the honeymooners or retirees surely you’re counting yourself out of a lot of things.” it had to be just as hard to make friends while on the island for only a short period of time. especially when solo. wyatt at least had a job so he was introduced to plenty of other people. that meant he had his time filled with work but could also manage other things. ”no, can’t say i’ve always been a lifeguard.” he admitted, ”i used to work on government contracts with foreign dignitaries. that tends to only last for so long depending on how the government decides to work.” that was partially true, some countries didn’t have the most stable governments so contracts did go bad quickly. then again saying that he was linked to a scandal wasn’t what he wanted to be known for. ”oh it is their loss. i can tell that much all ready.” he smiled. amelia wasn’t even that much of a debbie downer or the conversation would have ended almost immediately. there were just some people that wyatt struggled to interact with. ”yeah, so much older.” he said as he rolled his eyes, ”as for my coworkers they are all much younger. a bunch of locals from the island saving up to go to college or still paying for college while attending. it’s a mix but i’m the old man among them. thankfully they don’t know my age or i think they’d be a bit more bothered. they just kind of accept me as someone younger.”
amelia

PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 01:16 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

"That's the idea." She said as he talked about making lives easier with the app. Social media had just been starting to really take off when Emmett and Amelia were in university. Emmett had thought the designs were bulky and that it was stupid to have the different platforms for different things. The idea was to streamline. The whole thing had changed quite a bit since its original conception, but she thought they were finally starting to get it right. "The most difficult part is making all the geeky language understandable to normal people and especially the older generation with the money we need to invest." She smiled a little remembering how hard she had busted her ass in the beginning to get these people who barely used social media to understand just why their app was so much different and so much better. "It is intense, but as you might've guessed...I'm a bit of a workaholic...so I kind of thrive on it."

The blonde almost laughed, almost, at Wyatt echoing the same kinds of words that Emmett told her all the time. That there was no need to constantly be worrying about what could go wrong when there were so many things that could go right. "You and Emmett would get along very well. He says the same kinds of things to me." Amelia liked to point out that someone had to look on the negative side because they couldn't all be positive happy people like him.

Amelia made a face and let out a laugh as he teased about the honeymooning couples. Amelia was pretty secure in her single status. She hadn't really felt the intense need to be settled down the way that Emmett was or many of her coworkers. She felt that when it happened...it would happen. With all that being said, however, nothing quite drilled in your single and not have been laid properly in a year status quite like the sight of people at the height of their glowing stupid love. "Because those people in love will spend all the money to justify the most romantic trip of their lives." She said, taking another sip of her drink. The pleasant buzz was setting in now. Yes, she was going to have a good night. "But yeah seeing them around the resort is more than enough...I do not want to give them an excuse to tell me their love story."

Then he was offering to go on a hike with her and Amelia had to fight to keep her features from relaying total surprise. That was an very kind offer, she thought, for a stranger who she had just met today. Still, she found herself pleased with the idea of it all. Wyatt was nice, he was certainly attractive, and she was genuinely enjoying talking to him. She hadn't yet had to pull out the fake politeness and enthusiasm with him. She let out a softer laugh. "I think I can manage that for a few hours of your company." She teased, but a moment later added, genuinely. "I appreciate it." He certainly had no obligation to make sure she did anything while here on her vacation.

Back on safer subjects as he brought up what she would do with the rest of her time. "I have a few business associates I know that live here and others who have vacation homes...they've invited me to do things. Lunches, dinners, night outs etc. They're sporadic, but it's something." Her time was very loosely planned out for Amelia. She liked to have a plan for everything, to know exactly what she was doing with her time and when. This vacation had quite a bit of free-time planned into it and she was still trying to figure out how to handle it. She stirred the melting ice in her drink with her little red straw to do something with her hands. "Anyway...isn't the point of vacation to do less things?"

Ah-ha, now they were getting to interesting topics! She raised an eyebrow in surprise when he mentioned what he used to do. That certainly explained why he was so put together and the handshake as a greeting. "That's definitely different from lifeguarding. If I can ask..." She started hesitantly, unsure of whether he wanted to actually talk about why he didn't do what he did. Was it personal? She didn't want to pry when she was having a pleasant conversation. "Why the switch? New York and Government dignitaries to Maui and tourists...that's quite the uh change in pace."

Okay, she was definitely blaming the alcohol on the fact that her cheeks flushed at his veiled compliment about it being their loss of her company. She honestly wasn't even sure how to respond to that. "Well, that's nice of you to say. I have to say, I'm feeling bad monopolizing your time." She didn't, not really, she was enjoying herself drinking with the attractive lifeguard but it seemed like the polite thing to say. She grinned when he teased her about being so much older than her, but had to shake her head with that very grin when he said his coworkers were so much younger than him. "Come on now, you are thirty-one not fifty, I'm sure they wouldn't be that bothered by it. You'd be the same person they'd been hanging out with all the time."
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:54 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

”ah yes, all the old money is very stingy with what they invest in if they don’t understand it.” wyatt said, ”i’m sure once you got a few of them in on it they slowly let their friends in on the game.” that was how investments usually worked. you had to work had to get one and then after that it was a little easier because of who you’d all ready hooked. ”what?” he said with a fake gasp, ”the person who can’t sit still to let herself recover is a workaholic? that sounds very untrue for you. but some people do just work like that. it can be a good thing and a bad thing depending on what is going on.” he had always been one who focused on his work and got it done but he also knew when to take a break. there was the complete opposite problem though with people who never worked or just remained unmotivated. now that would have driven him a bit insane. there was no way to do nothing all the time. the world would surely end if that was the case because nothing would be accomplished. ”sounds like emmett has the right idea and mindset.” he said with a grin. it made sense that amelia had a business partner who seemed to be the opposite of herself in some aspects. opposites surely did attract. on top of that it likely worked in their favor as he was the reason she was on this vacation because he felt she needed one. with her workaholic ways it was safe to assume she had to be forced to take a break. ”money truly buys love and happiness doesn’t it?” he asked with a laugh, ”you know they’ll try and have you memorize their entire love story in the short time that you know them as if you will tell their tale to someone else to make sure they have the best love story of all time.” that was what he’d heard plenty of times. people thought they should have a story that everyone else should tell on their behalf. as if that was the way to be remembered.

he had finished off another beer and ordered another one. it was easy to lose track of how much he’d had, especially when he was distracted by amelia. it was usually his coworkers who kept track of the drink count because it was a fun game for them. ”then it’s settled, we’ll head off on a hike when you decide you’re ready.” wyatt said with a smile, amused that she could manage for a few hours as needed. it wouldn’t be difficult in the slightest to spend time with amelia. they were all ready getting along so nicely and he couldn’t deny that he enjoyed her company. plus to actually have someone his age who actually knew a bit about business while also being attractive didn’t hurt. ”try not to let your business keep you too busy but that sounds good. you at least have some connections so you won’t be stuck with all the tourists the whole time.” he said, ”but yeah, the point of a vacation is to do less things. at least less work things. you try and do more fun things. or just things you wouldn’t be able to do normally.” that was how he always tried to vacation but he didn’t go too far from home usually. there were plenty of spots to go that were close by that didn’t require a lot of work or planning. once she mentioned asking wyatt immediately took another drink. his least favorite question would come up, not that many people were able to ask it lately, but it wasn’t fun and he tried to avoid it. amelia didn’t know him though. she only knew him as wyatt the lifeguard. surely she wouldn’t figure everything out. besides, what would it hurt for her to know the truth? it wasn’t as if he would see her again after her vacation was over. ”bad business partners.” he sighed, ”sort of threw me under the bus and ruined everything i’d built up. i came here to maui to get away and try and sort things out. nothing like being thousands of miles away to put things into perspective.” that was enough to say, wasn’t it? hopefully it was enough for now.

”it’s the truth.” he offered with a shrug, ”i’d gladly let you monopolize my time any day. well, at least outside of work hours so i can keep my job.” wyatt took another drink, realizing that he’d never even talked to a tourist the way he was talking to amelia. perhaps that was a good thing. he could at least speak somewhat freely and it was a nice change of pace. ”trust me, i feel like i'm fifty sometimes with the slang and lingo they use. they don’t really know it. they think i’ve just bummed around after dropping out of college.” he explained, ”i don’t think going off about my business ventures would impress or matter much to them. i have just enough years on them to be uninteresting because i've done just a bit more with my life. so i just talk about college and they can instantly relate. it's a bit easier that way. besides, i don't plan on lifeguarding forever so i figure if they just know enough they'll be satisfied." it had worked in his favor so far because no one had really bothered to ask him any questions, save for amelia now.
amelia

PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 11:38 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

"Sometimes I wish I could've just talked to their teenage kids who could then push their parents to make the investment." She said with a little grin. Honestly, it was like pulling teeth when it came to getting the old men to part with their money for investment opportunities. She understood, of course, one didn't exactly stay rich and getting richer by making stupid decisions with your money. She was always careful where she invested her own money, but as a budding entrepreneur...it was infuriating. "It did get a bit easier, but there's still so much more stuff to do which is why it sucks my visa is expiring soon." She continued before realizing what she had just admitted. Amelia took a long sip to finish off her drink to cover up any surprise at her own answer. She had not meant to admit that. It wasn't like she wanted to broadcast the fact that she might be deported in a few months to the world. Shit. She was grateful when the bartender asked her if she wanted another drink and she nodded.

Well, what was the harm of one man knowing? One random man that lived hundreds of miles from where she did and she would likely never see after these next two weeks. He was fake gasping at her assertion that she was a workaholic and just like that Amelia was laughing again. This man was going to be bad for her. She supposed the alcohol didn't help. "I'm going to go with good because, you know, it's describing me." She said with a genuine smile. She knew that it wasn't great to be as downright addicted to her work. She knew there were downsides, but she also knew that her drive was what helped make the company what it was today. You needed to be a bit of a workaholic in order to be a successful entrepreneur.

She rolled her eyes good-naturedly as he told her that Emmett had the right mindset. Well, Emmett would never let her live that down. "I'll not be relaying that to him, if you don't mind." She said with a smile. "He gets a big head when told he's right." It was obnoxious really. It was cute when he got all excited about finally finding the solution to something that was bugging him, less endearing however, when he was gloating about being right about something. "Mhmm it does make the world go round." Amelia said taking a drink of her drink. She was feeling a bit light-headed, she should probably call it a night after this one, but damn if she wasn't actually enjoying herself for the first time on this god forsaken holiday she'd been forced on.

"Do you know I've actually had people come back like that? Come back from holiday or the honeymoon and rambling on about how they met this wonderful couple that had the most amazing story." She said with a laugh. "Oh God, I do not need to hear those stories." She would rather spend her entire vacation alone than spend it with freaking honeymooners. She didn't need to watch people eye-fuck every single time they were out doing something. She thought she might actually vomit at that. She would not vomit, however, at the idea of spending more time with Wyatt and hiking with him. That she could definitely handle, clearly better than just pretending to be polite. Because she hadn't had to pretend for one moment in this conversation. Honestly, she felt more like herself (the one she was when she wasn't throwing mugs against the wall out of frustration and stress) than she had in a long time.

She smiled a little. "You know that means I'm gonna need your number right? Unless you'd like me to stalk you on the beach for a day off." She teased him remembering the conversation earlier regarding the idea of her stalking him and him stalking her. She waved a hand at his notion that she not waste her vacation on too much business. "Emmett took my laptop specifically so I wouldn't work and they're mostly social visits. Well..." She said eyebrows furrowed as she ran through the rote of the people she was supposed to see in the next few weeks. "As social as it can be when you're trying to keep good relationships with people who provide connections and might provide more someday." She wasn't stupid, she knew that half of business was who you knew. So Amelia spent a decent amount of time schmoozing people who might provide her and her company with connections they might need one day.

His past was clearly something he either didn't like to talk about or he wasn't used to talking about, Amelia noted. She had just met him and it wasn't her business to be hitting on any sore spots for him. So all she said was, "Well that sucks a lot." Because it truly did. There was nothing worse than failing when it wasn't your fault. Even worse when it came to your career and you had no control of the falling pieces. She couldn't even manage. "Has the perspective helped then?" She asked conversationally. At least that was lighter than asking what exactly had happened, which is what she really wanted to know.

He needed to stop complimenting her because she was running out of ways to hide the blush that was desperately trying to make its way to her cheeks. She took another sip of her drink to try and hide the utterly pleased smile that was definitely gracing her lips at his compliment. When she was sure that she wasn't going to look like some school girl with a crush, Amelia set it down and teased, "Be careful with that or I might just take you up on it and monopolize even more of your time." That was true, if he was offering she would be taking up more of his time. Assuming that the hike went as well as this was going, the company was way more enjoyable than absolutely any of the social outings she had planned.

The blonde laughed at his speech about feeling like he was fifty with his coworkers. Yeah...she knew that feeling very well. "Oh my god, I know right? Emmett will hire software guys right out of school and it's like....honestly, they're from a different world." Some of this had to do with the fact that they were software geeks and talked a lot about D&D and other things that she hadn't the faintest clue about. Interesting that they thought he had bummed around after college. "They must not look very carefully, because honestly you don't look like someone who bummed around after college." She wasn't sure how to explain why exactly he looked this way to her, but honestly, the alcohol made it a bit more difficult to be eloquent even if she really wanted to. "Sounds like you've got it all figured out."
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 09:59 PM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

”if you run a social media app you might as well use it to stalk their teenage kids. if you get the kids to then mention it to their parents they’ll think your company is hip and with the times.” he laughed, knowing that was how his own parents thought of the younger generation still. they’d yet to move on to saying something was cool or popular, it was all hip. when she mentioned her visa expiring wyatt frowned a bit. ”are you serious?” he questioned, ”that’s the worst time for something like that to happen. it’s important to meet people face to face rather than from a distance, even on a computer screen. to some it just isn’t the same.” some people were very much about first appearances and to not show up in person was an insult to some. it was just bad business. especially since it seemed her company was based in the u.s. so if she was sent elsewhere it would seem out of place or make the company seem even more of a leap to invest in. ”i guess we’ll keep that a secret from emmett then. don’t need him getting a bigger head.” he teased. surely to be told a story about how a complete stranger thought they were right was a great ego boost. obviously it was something amelia didn’t want to deal with though and it wasn’t as if wyatt was going to track down emmett himself. that would be too much work and he didn’t care enough. ”you’ve got to be kidding me.” he said in a serious tone, ”i can only imagine how horrible those stories are because they aren’t even the full truth. it’s just the nice version that the couple decided upon sharing. you know, like how people choose the one perfect picture to post online because it makes them look the best. they’re just filtering their story.” that seemed to be one of the big downfalls of social media but it was a thriving business so no one was going to stop doing that anytime soon. then again plenty of people liked to make themselves out to better than they actually were.

he laughed at her comment of stalking him because the tables truly had turned at this point. ”i think it might be a bit more fun if you did stalk me on the beach. surely everyone would think i’d started a fan club for myself and you were the only member.” wyatt said, ”but yeah, just plug in your number and i’ll shoot you a quick text.” he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone before offering it to amelia. ”it sounds like this emmett has really thought of everything he could.” he mused, ”good relations are important though. it is best to keep those up or you’ll be very sorry when you lose them.” that was the only way he managed to get away and land in hawaii, from a friend who he’d kept in contact with and knew to believe his word about what happened. if that hadn’t been an option wyatt wasn’t sure what he would have been able to do. ”you’re telling me.” he sighed, ”the perspective has helped a bit but i wish the answer to make things better would magically fall in my lap. sadly that’s not the way the world works.” if only that were the answer. instead he knew he’d have to find a way to prove his innocence, even if most everything had been confiscated by the fbi. talk about a mess. he’d have his documentation though to prove things if he was given the chance. and plenty of logs to show that he wasn’t where some documents claimed he was when signing. ”don’t get my hopes up.” he said with a grin. the way she was trying to hide her blush was cute, just because it suited her. this was a much better look for her than the flustered one on the beach. or maybe he just liked her better like this because he was the reason for her blushing. ”they truly are from another world. we should probably just send them back.” he said with a shrug, ”i’m glad you can tell from my appearance that i didn’t bum around after college. i was started to get worried i was pulling off the beach bum look a little too well and that i had missed out on my calling in life.” it was a legitimate concern at this point to him that no one thought he appeared out of play. he couldn’t try to claim good genetics or anything like that because it was a stupid answer.

after finishing his beer he knew he should stop. he didn’t want to be stupid and waste his whole night on drinking. the morning would not be kind to him, nor would his memory. then again all he knew was that he’d rather spend his night with amelia, if she wanted to of course. ”hey, what do you say we get out of here?” he questioned, ”i mean, i think i’ve about him my limit on drinks and i don’t plan on heading out with my coworkers."
amelia

PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 09:12 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

"Stalking their teenage kids as an adult." She laughed at the very idea. Sure, it might've actually helped them if they could get the teenagers on their side, but she couldn't imagine randomly talking to a billionaire's daughter on social media to get to her father. Talk about creepy not to mention, probably illegal. "That probably would not have gone over well, though...yes hip is what we're going for." She laughed because hip sounded like it was something her parents would say when they were trying to be cool back when she was a teenager.

Of course Amelia had to let drop about her visa. Honestly, she was trying to keep this on the down-low. She hadn't even bothered to tell Emmett that her visa was expiring so soon. It had actually crossed her mind that after this holiday she was going to have to because it was months away and she had yet to figure out a way out of this little problem. "You're telling me." She said, a frown tugging at her lips for the first time that night. Yeah, talk about a downer on the whole thing. "England is great and everything and I'm sure I'll always be a Brit at heart, but everything is here in the states and I really don't plan on leaving it half-finished." There was also the fact that she now considered the US her home. She had been here for nearly eight years. She had solidly put down roots...she liked her home, she did not want to leave it.

Amelia did her best to put all these depressing thoughts behind her, though, because right now she was getting tipsy with an attractive man who she happened to have already seen shirtless and she was having a grand time doing it. There was no need to dwell on the depressing thought that she was going to be deported anymore than she already was. She took a drink of her drink before nodding to his talk about the couples and their story. 'I mean I know I make my living off of social media and the people who have to have instant gratification but...that's the worst part of it all. People choose to share the things that make them look good and then it just serves to make everyone else feel like shit." It was one of the many reasons that Amelia stayed off of social media. She had a the accounts because they were kind of part of her job but...she rarely used them and she never used them for personal use. It was all professional. "When really their lives are just as much shit they're just editing it out."

The blonde woman grinned at his laugh. She liked being the one making him laugh, she decided then. It was her turn to laugh, however, when he said he liked the idea of her staling him. "Men and there egos." She teased watching as he took his phone out anyway. At least he wasn't going to actually make her find him on the beach when she wanted to see him again. "I might also get arrested for being stalker-y and you'd have to save me again." She plugged in her number and name in his contacts and handed it back to him after saving it. "Oh he has...he said if my phone wasn't integral to every day life he would've taken that too." She rolled her eyes at the very thought. He was an annoying little bugger Emmett Harris. He did, however, have her best interests at heart. She didn't agree with the way he went about them but...you know, sometimes you didn't always know what it was you needed most. After all, it did kind of look like she might get a hook up (if she was lucky) out of this vacation...so she couldn't be that angry at him.

"Yeah, I know. That's why I have to accept dinner invitations from people who I'd rather not have dinner with if it were my choice." Almost all the people she did business with were fairly decent people. She was lucky that she hadn't had to yet deal with real assholes just to get their money and power behind their business, but it didn't mean that these were people that she would genuinely choose to spend her time with. Blue eyes watched Wyatt carefully as he talked about the perspective. She wasn't about to ask him anything more about his past because he was clearly uncomfortable with it, but it didn't mean she couldn't glean as much from her observations as possible. "Yeah...the things we need are never easy. Life's challenging in that way."

"Now I would never get your hopes up without intending to follow through." Okay, now that answer was straight up flirtatious. It was capped off with a smile that seemed to promise a little something more behind it. She was already going down this rabbit hole, might as well lean into it. Amelia didn't particularly feel like talking about his coworkers anymore. She really didn't feel much like talking anymore, period. She wanted to move this somewhere else. Somewhere they could talk with more than just their mouths. Regardless, she had to offer the man a grin at the idea of him pulling off a beach bum. "I mean don't get me wrong, you do pull off the beach look quite well...but bum is not the vibe I get off of you, at all."

Then he was offering to get out of here and Amelia took the last sip of her drink to avoid looking too eager before she actually answered, even though her mind was already there. "Yeah absolutely."
PM
^
WYATT O. GATWOOD
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 12:16 AM

"why"
OCCUP:
lifeguard
SEX:
hetero
CURR:
single

WYATT O. GATWOOD

”kids stalk each other all the time.” wyatt said with a shrug, ”surely you could’ve had an intern do it so it wasn’t as terrible sounding.” that was how business got done sometimes. finding out everything you needed to know about a certain person and then running with it. teenagers were far better at it though because they posted everything going on in their lives online so it made things easier to find out. so it was england. wyatt didn’t know why it had taken him so long to place her accent but he would blame it on the fact that he dealt with so many tourists that all the accents started to meld together. it wasn’t as if he couldn’t understand people with an accent or that they all sounded the same but there were so many people from around the world it was hard to place all of them without being explicitly told. ”of course, that makes sense.” he said while nodding, ”it’s not like you’re trying to say you don’t want to british anymore, rather you just need more time here in the states to get your work done. it makes total sense.” even though he still had work he wanted to do it wasn’t as if he was being forced to go away to another country. for amelia she was literally stuck because she had to go back. staying meant even worse repercussions once she was found out or discovered. then she would really be in a bad place. ”it’s a double edged sword really.” he commented, ”it’s kind of past the point of no return too. there’s no way to fix it and turn things around either.” too many people loved appearing to live a glamorous life and ignoring all the bad shit that was going on. there would be a point where things go to be too much but even that would necessarily bring about change.

”i would have no problem saving you.” he answered with a smile as he took his phone back from her, ”it wouldn’t be a problem in the slightest. as for a phone being integral to every day life that seems like a stretch. surely he could have given you one of those basic flip phones to really throw you off your game.” he tapped on his phone screen and sent a quick text message to her that just said “your favorite life guard” before putting his phone back into his pocket. the thought of her trying to find him on the beach was amusing but that would be too much effort. besides, they had the technology to make life easier for getting together. ”that’s the truth. life always likes to give a good challenge.” he said, ”and that’s a good thing. i’ll expect you to follow through then.” well his evening was definitely going a lot better than expected thanks to amelia. he almost felt dumb for thinking about anything more because it had been ages since he’d done so. his life falling apart left him a little too busy for such a thing but now he had the time and amelia seemed more than happy and willing. ”then i’ll stick with the beach look and we’ll get out of here.” he said as he stood up and offered amelia his hand. it seemed that the least he could do was pay for amelia's drinks when she was the one making his evening better. besides, she deserved something nice after her near drowning experience earlier in the day. now the problem was where they would go next because he wasn’t sure. there weren’t a lot of options really and he couldn’t even remember how his place looked. that could be embarrassing but perhaps amelia wouldn’t even care. ”put both of ours on my tab.” he added as he looked at the bar tender before leading amelia out of the bar. there weren’t a lot of people around in the lobby of the resort but for some reason wyatt felt that worked to his advantage. ”i’m thinking somewhere a little more private.” he offered, ”my room is around back if you don’t mind the walk.”
amelia
PM
^
AMELIA I. CLARKE
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 10:37 PM

"Ames"
OCCUP:
Entrepreneur
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

AMELIA I. CLARKE

irresistible

"Using an intern isn't a bad idea." She mused thoughtfully. "They spend enough time on their social media while on the job anyway. They might as well make it useful." She'd have to use that sometime soon. Granted, it might be a little more creepy now that they were trying to recruit the people who ran dating apps. Couldn't exactly be stalking the dating apps of the relatives of investors. Amelia could see the recognition click into place as she stated she was from England. There were people who confused her for Australian and, inexplicably to her, Scottish. Americans never wanted to make the assumption and be wrong and so they didn't know until she worked it into the conversation. Granted, she hadn't exactly expected to be working it into the conversation in this way, but what was done was done.

"Ha yeah...try telling that to immigration." She said with a dry laugh. "They are uh notoriously obstinate and apathetic when it comes to their immigrants." To be honest, she knew that she was fairly lucky. She was from an affluent country, where she spoke the same language, and held strong ties to the United States. There were men and women from countries who deserved a stay in the US that were thrown out like trash because they were different or spoke with heavy hard to understand accents. Yeah, as a brit she was pretty blessed, but it didn't mean she was any less screwed when it came to being discovered and deported if she stayed past her visa.

Amelia had to think a moment as he talked about the double-edged sword that was social media. It wasn't that Amelia was drunk or incoherent (she was a Brit and had had three drinks after a full meal before...give her some bloody credit yeah?), but she was most definitely in that light-headed pleasant stage. She wasn't in a place to be having real philosophical debates with someone. However, she did make note that not only was Wyatt attractive, funny, and laid-back, but he was clearly very smart. How the hell was this guy in Hawaii alone? "That's a surprisingly depressing point coming from someone who said I was a debbie downer." She teased him lightly with a smile. "But you are right it's a double-edged sword. It really does make people feel great and supported when they get all those likes, but at the same time it can be at the expense of another friend or coworker. It's why I try to stay off the stuff."

She laughed as he attested of having no problem saving her. "Oh I know, you've made that and the your ability to rescue me quite clear, however, I was not a big fan of it." The person she had been on the beach had certainly not been her best self by any measure. She had looked like a drowned rat, for starters, and had been coming off of a panic. Amelia grinned at the idea of Emmett giving her a flip phone. Honestly, the thought had crossed her mind too. "Yeah but see Emmett is a tech geek right? Smart phones are integral to him and I wasn't about to point out that people used to survive on flip phones. I'm glad to have this right here." She waved her phone in his direction subtly and then it vibrated.

She opened it to see the message from a number she did not recognize. She let out a laugh at the message. "I'm definitely going to save you in my phone as that, just so you know." And because she was three drinks in and having fun, Amelia did just that saving Wyatt as Favorite Lifeguard. She was distracted for a moment looking at her phone as he spoke about life's challenges and then a nice response to her flirty comment. She couldn't help but grin. This night was definitely going in a good direction. "I didn't get to where I am by not being a woman of my word." She promised with a smile.

"Good." She said with an assured nod as he said he'd keep the beach look. "To be fair, I don't know any of your other looks, but I fancy this one anyway." She allowed herself a moment to try to imagine Wyatt as he might've been in his former life; a high powered business man in a classy suit and styled hair. That image wasn't entirely unpleasant either, if she were being honest. The blonde took his hand as it was offered and stood, careful not to put too much weight on her injured foot. "Oh, you didn't have to do that..." Amelia said as he said to but both their drinks on his tab. She didn't exactly want to say that she imagined she had quite a bit more money than a fallen businessman who was working as a lifeguard...so, well she'd just have to let him be a gentleman about it. It was just a few drinks, after all. "Thanks, though."

"Read my mind." She said with a little smile when the attractive lifeguard mentioned somewhere more private. She wasn't going anywhere far on her foot, anyway, and she would rather be alone where things could move in a more intimate fashion. She smiled, a smile that was ready to promise more, and told him, "My room's closer."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

☣ SKINNED BY WALKERBAIT ☣
TOGGLE CBOX BY KISMET
CFS SCRIPT BY BLACK

TOGGLE