TOGGLE

05.03.18 - We have a new mod on the site! Congrats to Moony! We're excited that you'll be helping out. In other news, there are lot of want ads opening up so feel free to snatch them up guests! If you have any questions ask in the cbox.

ADMIN LUNA

Nicolas Fuentes
Caleb Park
Elina Grover
Alistair McClain

ADMIN PLUTO

Ashton Young
Ben Sheridan
Christian Nopal
Edmund Davies
Leon Chuu
Malik Williams

MOD MOONY

Tyler Rivera
Mari Zacharellis
Amelia Clarke
Jace Wright

Add Reply
New Poll

ZACHARELLIS, MARINA -DEMI-GOD, 20. Demi-Goddess. Poseidon.
MARINA C. ZACHARELLIS
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 04:58 PM

"Mari"
OCCUP:
student
SEX:
Heterosexual
CURR:
Single

MARINA C. ZACHARELLIS
© moony // CURRENTLY Offline

MARINA CAMILLA ZACHARELLIS
Mari. 20 . student. Demi-god . Holland Roden

Marina Zacherellis is a third generation Hawaiian. Her grandparents moved here shortly after their wedding. It was their second wedding each and they both desired a fresh start. They moved here to get a fresh start. They promptly started a small café in their community. Since they were both over 40 years old they didn’t expect to have any children…but only a year into their marriage came along their daughter Amara.

Amara grew up in Hawaii learning to swim and surf came as second nature. They were never surprised when their daughter came back smelling of salt water and grinning. They were surprised, however, when at eighteen Amara came back pregnant. They pressed for details on the father, but Amara was very close-lipped only saying it was a surfer with eyes as deep as the ocean itself. As nice as that was, it didn’t pay for the child that came along nine months later: Marina Zacharellis.

Despite being a surprise and her mother having no education, Marina was very loved. She grew up in the small café and coffee shop that her grandparents ran and then eventually her mother as they retired. She asked about her father when she was old enough to understand that she didn’t have one and other children did. Her mother told her the same thing she told her parents, but promised when she was old enough she would tell her all about them.

Mari decided quickly that if her father wasn’t there he wasn’t worth knowing anyway. She took to the water even more than her mother had. By the time she was seven Mari was on a local swim team and spending her free time surfing. As she grew older it became very clear that Mari was miles ahead of many of the swimmers on her team. She started winning races left and right. Mari threw herself into it seeing it as her way out. It was her way to college. Her mother couldn’t afford college on her own. Their little shop barely made ends meet every single month…let alone afford tuition.

She was getting multiple offers from colleges when she was seventeen and preparing to apply to colleges. It was then, however, that her grandfather died of a heart attack. Within a year…her grandmother had gone as well. It threw off their entire family dynamic. It was just her and her mother now. They had no one else. Amara had never married. It was just them and their business.

In all this mess, Mari turned eighteen. She was in the middle of a particularly hard work-out (by herself, luckily) and she smacked her head against the wall from not paying attention. She had risen and cursed and suddenly the weight of the past months had come washing over her and she was bawling from the pain of it all. It was then that very suddenly the pool water turned dark and the water began to move and wane, like an ocean might. It was forming full out waves and Mari had scrambled out faster than anything when she realized what was going on.

She ran home shaking, not even bothering to have changed out of her suit, and cried the entire tale to her mother. To her shock, her mother didn’t seem surprised…instead she smiled. It came out then, the truth. That her father was indeed a surfer with eyes like the ocean because…he was the ocean. He was Poseidon. Mari thought she was insane. She had screamed at her. She had told her she was crazy, but as the days wore on water began reacting to Mari the way it had in the pool and she knew her mother wasn’t lying.

Given all this had happened, Mari knew she couldn’t leave for college like she had been planning. She couldn’t exactly go to Vermont or California or any of the other schools that had offered her scholarships knowing all this. What if something happened and she couldn’t control herself? Anyway, who would take care of her mother? She had no one else.

So despite her mother’s protests, Mari enrolled in Maui University. It would keep her near the ocean, which she rather begrudgingly now felt a very strong pull to, and allowed her to help out at the café and keep an eye on her mother. After all, no one else was going to do it.

friends Mari is a little rough around the edges. She’s competitive. She’s smart as a whip and with a tongue to go along with it. She’s got very little patience for people and their petty problems. She knows what it’s like to really go week-to-week paycheck to paycheck and she knows real loss. So, when friends get upset over a boy not liking them…she tells them to suck it up and get over yourself. That being said…she is a good friend once you are there. She may not be super cuddly, but she will always be there for you. No matter what.

foes Yeah so as I said Mari’s a bit rough around the edges. So…this is going to be people on her swim team at school who have tried to beat her and she’s been relentless in getting to where she is. It will be people who have a problem with the barbs of her personality. Her foe list may be longer than her friend list.

lovers From seventeen to about nineteen Mari was a bit wrapped up in the fact that she lost both her grandparents (her second parents) and suddenly got powers from a father she has never known to be dating people. Now she’s a bit more open in this area, but she’s not an easy person to get to know. Remember, in her mind men have never been upstanding in her life...so good luck if you like her. You’ve got quite a bit of work in front of you, but I’d love to see her open up to someone.

moony. 25 . EST . Whatever works best for you PM/Discord/Etc,
PM
^
CALEB T. PARK
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 01:43 AM

"cale"
OCCUP:
heir
SEX:
bisexual
CURR:
fake taken

CALEB T. PARK
© luna // CURRENTLY Offline

CALEB & MARI.

i think its hilarious tbh??? caleb needs to be put in his place like the piece of shit he is. might as well have two people doing that, hehe. i see their arguments and everything being very petty and ridiculous (and to be fair caleb does deserve a lesson in humility). and he'd likely threaten her with a bad review and then some but never actually go through with it because why waste the effort? both of them are pretty rough around the edges so yeah, they're going to clash A LOT.
PM
^
CALEB T. PARK
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 06:23 PM

"cale"
OCCUP:
heir
SEX:
bisexual
CURR:
fake taken

CALEB T. PARK

CALEB & MARI.

very true! hahaha, i love this already. i think it'll be fun too. would you like me to start it? we can start it anytime, so there's no rush~
PM
^
BENNETT J. SHERIDAN
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 11:32 PM

"ben"
OCCUP:
student
SEX:
bisexual
CURR:
single

BENNETT J. SHERIDAN
© pluto // CURRENTLY Offline

ben & mari
yes! partners in a class that drives mari a bit crazy because ben is annoying af is great. he’s not trying to be annoying but you know, that’s just how he is. he definitely needs someone to be pressuring him to tell tyler the truth about the situation so i am game with her knowing about it. would she be curious enough about him after working on the project and him talking about like “yeah well i transferred here because my old school was shit” and she just thinks, “how could your old school be shit?” and then she finds out the whole scandal thanks to a google search?
PM
^
ELINA R. GROVER
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 12:08 AM

"elly"
OCCUP:
florist
SEX:
heterosexual
CURR:
complicated

ELINA R. GROVER

ELINA & MARI.

yay! that's super cute! i see them being good friends too or even like sisters? elina never had one and her coming over for coffee and to chat for a bit before heading back to her flowershop would be cute. their age difference isn't so bad, but i do see elina teasing mari from time to time and being like "when i was your age.... we didn't have this."

omg elina is just going to shy away and be coy about that because she's just ridiculous.

PM
^
KATJA M. DUNKELHOLZ
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 02:24 PM

"kat"
OCCUP:
master's student
SEX:
bi
CURR:
open

KATJA M. DUNKELHOLZ
© Noell // CURRENTLY Offline

Kat & Mari
Well these two would likely know each other at least a bit since Kat views Bennett as a little brother. That being said, do you believe either of them knows the truth about each other what with Kat being a hunter and Mari being a demi-god? I kind of get the feeling that even if Kat did know, she might try and feign like she doesn't because of Bennett, but thoughts?
PM
^
ELIAS LEE
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 06:26 PM

"eli"
OCCUP:
student
SEX:
demisexual
CURR:
single

ELIAS LEE

ELI & MARI.

hello yes i have an idea! what do you say to these two being childhood friends? they have both grown up in maui and they both love to swim, maybe they could even tell each other that they're demigods or something, so that there's a pretty deep level of trust between them. and maybe even try to control their powers somehow after class or even go surfing together. lmk what you think :>
PM
^
LEON G. CHUU
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 12:12 AM

"lee"
OCCUP:
student
SEX:
asexual
CURR:
single

LEON G. CHUU
© pluto // CURRENTLY Offline

lee & mari
if eli and mari are childhood best friends then you best believe that leon is in on the mix! he would have no clue about them being demigods though because duh, they're just great swimmers. all that time at the beach and in the ocean worked to their advantage. maybe leon could be a bit annoyed at times with how close mari and eli can be? because of the demigod connection he has no clue about?

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

☣ SKINNED BY WALKERBAIT ☣
TOGGLE CBOX BY KISMET